What is Turmeric?
Turmeric? This seems to be everywhere right now. A very popular natural based ingredient that very few people seem to understand what it is, and how it benefits your pets. Allow me to dive in a bit and explain the benefits of Turmeric.
Turmeric is a spice with a yellow-orange color that gives curry its deep, earthy flavor and commonly used in Thai and Indian dishes. Turmeric is a member of the ginger family and the turmeric root is native to Southeast Asia and the Middle East. This is very popular in Eastern Medicines.
There have been thousands of studies done on Turmeric, and the active ingredient in Turmeric, Curcumin. Curcumin is found in the roots and bulbs of the curcuma longa root.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits to Turmeric and it’s active ingredient Curcumin are incredible and below are a list of how Turmeric-Curcumin can help your fur baby.
- Chronic inflammation – Joint inflammation in canines can be caused by arthritis, joint injuries or hip dysplasia. The condition is very painful for dogs and will be manifested through difficulty walking or performing regular activities.
- Arthritis pain – While arthritis can manifest itself in any part of a dog’s skeletal structure, it most frequently develops in the joint tissues of the shoulders and hips. Arthritis is generally found in older dogs, but can also be triggered by infection, or tissue deterioration due to inflammatory response from immune disorders.
- Joint pain – Here are some signs to look out for if your pet is experiencing Joint Pain.
- Lameness, Inactivity, Stiffness
- Reluctance to Exercise, Rise, Move
- General Signs of Pain
- Swollen and Painful Joints, or Joint Effusion
- Crepitus in the Joint
- Abnormal Stance While Moving
- Muscle Atrophy
- Altered General Behavior
- Powerful antioxidant – A lot of us are concerned about aging changes in our dogs and there is a lot of good research showing that antioxidants can slow down degenerative changes to a dog’s DNA. Antioxidants have been recommended for allergies, skin diseases, eye diseases, respiratory and cardiac disease.
- Gastrointestinal disorders – Gastroenteritis in dogs refers to an inflammation or irritation of the stomach and intestines. There are many possible causes, such as viruses, cancer, or simply ingesting something that disagrees with the digestive system. The usual symptoms of gastroenteritis include vomiting and diarrhea, though a range of other digestion-related symptoms may also occur.
What you can do;
With the incredible benefits and capabilities that Turmeric can offer, we offer a chewable supplement that can simply be mixed into their mealtime or given once by mouth during the day. This not only offers the benefits of Turmeric, but also features a joint health blend to include Glucosamine, Chondroitin Porcine, MSM, and Hyaluronic Acid to give your pet the knock-out punch of Turmeric-Curcumin and Joint Health Support in one incredible product.
Maple Bacon flavored as well to ensure your pet’s enjoy the taste too